Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Glittery Ornaments using Mop N Glo

Alright now we're talking.. my Mod Podge ornaments obviously didn't turn out too well. So, I went and bought the Mop N Glo to experiment with its quality. Boy --- talk about an improvement!

Here is where I orignally saw the ornaments being made with Mop N Glo:



My Version

What you'll need:
  • Mop N Glo
  • Clear glass ornaments
  • Glitter
  • Measuring cup
  • Ribbon (optional)
At first I tried tipping the Mop N Glo into the ornament and after a big mess decided that it would be easier to pour the Mop N Glo into a measuring cup THEN pour from the measuring cup into the ornament :)
Then you can easily pour it back into the measuring cup and reuse what is left in the measuring cup for your next ornament!

**NOW this is where the going got a little tough and I almost lost hope. You have to quickly dump the left over Mop N Glo out and pour in and shake your glitter. We waited a few seconds too long on the first ornament and the glitter doesn't stick around as well as if you did it more quickly. It just dries too quickly on the inside after being poured out. So this part is a quick process. On the last ornament most of the glitter stuck to the bottom of the ornament. (That is because I insisted on taking a super quick picture. Oops!)

If you want to add a little extra sparkle, you can tie on ribbons to hang on your tree. Meme is good at the ribbon tying so I let her do this part.

^^^These are my Mod Podge balls next to my Mop N Glo balls. I'll let you decide which ones look better. ^^^

Now they are beautifully hung on the tree by Meme!


This one is DEFINITELY a pin!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for doing both versions of these ornaments. I am going to be making these and I was wondering about using the over abundance of Mod Podge that I had instead of the floor wax... looks like I'll be running to the store for the wax!

    ReplyDelete