Friday, December 16, 2011

Gemstones on a bottle

Time to break out the hot glue gun and an (empty) bottle of wine!

Here are the supplies you'll need:
  • Hot glue gun & glue
  • Gems in any color you want (make sure they have the flat side)
  • Paper bowl
  • String of lights
  • Empty bottle (I used a wine bottle)
  • Towel
The first thing you'll probably need to do is get the label off your wine bottle, I just soaked mine in hot water for 5 minutes and it peeled right off.

Next, I poured all my gems into a bowl for easier accessibility. Place a folded towel down on the surface area, you will need to lay the bottle on it's side as you are working around. If you place the bottle on marble, like I did at first, it'll roll around AND the gemstones will fall off when they hit between the two hard surfaces. It happened to me several times but once I was laying the bottle down on its side on the towel this didn't occur any longer.


I tried on my first gem to put the hot glue on the bottle first and then put the gem on the bottle, but I put it down too far and it was hanging off the bottom of the bottle.

Instead, you need to put the hot glue on the GEM first and then place the gem onto the bottle.

Then you just keep gluing around in circles! When you put your gemstone down, apply a little pressure with your finger to make sure it gets down nice and snug!


Look I found a conjoined gemstone!

To stuff the lights into the bottle I used the handle of a wooden stick:


Now time to turn it on!!


This one is DEFINITELY a pin!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment